Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 Retrospective: the Discoveries Part III

Here is the last part of my 2009 discoveries and it’s all about girls!!!!

LAURA IZIBOR

laura-izibor

This is what Irish Soul sounds like…

In 2009 Laura Izibor had opened for Maxwell , India Arie, Aretha Franklin and John Legend.In 2009, Laura Izibor has released her first album “Let The Truth Be Told”.In 2009, Laura Izibor has been nominated for a MOBO Awards and a Soul Train Award…2009 has been a very good year for Laura Izibor, and I’m sure the future will be better!


3-2009-01-30-17-19-51

Official Website Facebook


KRISTYNA MYLES

n13705591709_763750_1546

I’ve been introduced to Kristyna Myles by a very good friend of mine and I had the chance to see her perform live ( twice :) she even dedicated me a song ha! )

Singer/songwriter from Manchester, Kristyna Myles is “soulful”.As I was able to see her live, I can testify that it’s a real pleasure to hear her voice and her songs are great.Her repertoire is Soul, Pop, Jazz and even Gospel.She,alongside other artists and members of the 'Desire To Worship God' gospel group,has been nominated for a 2009 MOBO Award for “Best Gospel Act”.She is currently recording her first album and I can’t wait to see her again.












Official Website Facebook YouTube

OCEANA

0886974898627

Her single “ Cry cry” was the song of my summer.The German singer first album “Love supply” is just a pleasure for the ears and for the soul, with different influences (Pop,Reggae,Soul).Once you start listening to it, you can’t stop. Her voice just fits her style in a perfect way.

German Soul music already had Ayo, Joy Denalane or Nneka , now here comes Oceana and she’s just as talented as the others











Official Website Facebook YouTube


PALOMA FAITH

interview-paloma-faith-L-1

British Soul certainly had some really good surprises this year.This one of my best discoveries of this year.

Ms Faith is exquisite and her debut album is great.I like her burlesque style and I think we have here a new Pop/Soul icon.

PalomaFaith_DYWTTOSB


Official Website Facebook YouTub

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Soul Food....All you need is Soul - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords