Friday, September 4, 2009

So Whitney is back!!!! (But not the old Whitney …)



The world has been waiting for this comeback for so long (including me).We all have been missing our beloved diva and this year she's back with this brand new album "I look to you" with productions by Alicia Keys or Akon among others.

Unfortunately I still can't make up my mind on this record. Maybe my expectations were too big .Whitney still got her talent, she's still the legend but we're far from the Whitney we knew back in the days .Maybe I'm being too hard on her. She's been through a lot and she's still here. There are some songs that I enjoyed listening to but some are just beyond Whitney's level especially that attempt to cover the Donnie Hathaway classic "A song for you" that never should have been . "I didn't know my own strength" or "I look to you" are songs that reminds me of the old Whitney (especially the old Whitney's voice), those good old days when Whitney and amazing voice were synonymous. But well as I said I don't want to be too hard on her after all it's Whitney Houston we're talking about. Let's just hope that her voice will be back the more she performs meanwhile she's still gorgeous ( See the Ebony Cover )



Here are videos of her performance on GMA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Soul Food....All you need is Soul - Free Blogger Templates, Free Wordpress Themes - by Templates para novo blogger HD TV Watch Shows Online. Unblock through myspace proxy unblock, Songs by Christian Guitar Chords